Really quick before bed so I don’t forget:
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) is like…Keaton’s theme song or something. I don’t even know, it’s been on repeat all day.
- Zelda is 16. Link/Keaton is 32.
- The Sheikah woman is indeed Impa. She is 17 or 18ish. She and Pink will wind up being legit friends. They’re both going to have a lot of shit to deal with as they move forward, so they’ll rely pretty heavily on each other. I’m still fine-tuning her reasons for being there.
- Her Grandfather is the man who trained Link to be an assassin. Link later killed him.
- I changed my mind about Lasan being nobody you’ve heard of before - he’s actually a reincarnation of Rauru, Lasan is a pseudonym (like Keaton). His “brothers” are not biological brothers, but the last of his clan. They were a horse people (like the Rohan guys from LotR I guess) that was basically 95% wiped out in the war.
- Isa is still no one you’ve heard of.
- Darunia is a sometimes-bad-guy-sometimes-good-guy. He realized early on in the war which way the war was going, and has become something of a Trade Prince himself. He’s not as big as the Boar, but he’s definitely the Boar’s biggest rival. At the end of the story, when Ganon is inevitably defeated, the Pig currency will be replaced with rupees, which Darunia and his Gorons mine, cut, distribute and control (Darunia effectively replaces Ganon in this sense). Darunia is missing an eye (currently I’m thinking Link took it during the war) and has replaced it with a bright red rupee, cut in a more appropriate shape for an eye. He is a BAMF. He hates Link pretty bad, but he hates Keaton more (he doesn’t realize they’re the same person). Link took his eye, but Keaton’s been cutting into his profits and leaving him vulnerable against the Boar from an economical perspective, which is worse.
- Nalissa was one of the worst, most violent warlords during the war. She’s a rogue Gerudo who harrasses anyone (even other Gerudo) trying to cross through the border between Lanayru and anything else. She’s claimed a chunk of territory there and guards it fiercely. She hates Zelda with a deep, personal passion because A) she tried to unite everyone under one banner which makes being a violent, homicidal warlord more difficult, and B) Zelda did something or other to horribly disfigure Nalissa at some point while captured or in combat. Ever since then, Nalissa’s worn a mask of some kind to hide her face (Keaton stole the idea from her). The warlord made multiple attempts on her life during the war. Link is particularly afraid of her ever finding out about he and Pink.
- A million chapters down the road, when Link inevitably runs afoul of Nalissa, it will be revealed that Nalissa was, in fact, killed several years ago. No one knows this, though, because the person who killed her also secretly replaced her. And that person is Nabooru, who fought with Link during the war and is 100% on his side.
- Saria and Ruto still need to be placed somewhere. Saria I’m thinking is some kind of forest creature, halfway between a Kikwi and a Kokiri. LIke a humanoid thing with dark skin and green, leafy hair like the poof of grass on the Kikwi’s back. But that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
- There are A LOT of people out there with unsettled grudges against either Link or Keaton and he is NOT looking forward to venturing out into the world again (whenever it inevitably happens).
I THINK that’s everything I needed to remember.
Now, one more RP post with Blu and then bed.
What a friggin’ week.